Welcome to South Staffordshire Golf Club
The South Staffordshire Golf Club (usually called ‘South Staffs’) is a superb golf course, prized by its members and praised by visitors.
Originally designed in 1908 by one of the famous triumvirate, Harry Vardon, over the years the course has been ‘tweaked’ by such golfing luminaries as Harry Colt, James Braid and, more recently, Donald Steel. It is considered to be one of the finest courses in the Midlands.
Set in 160 acres, the 6512 yard par 71 course is maintained to the highest of standards and possesses a series of interesting and challenging holes, including no fewer than six par four holes of over 400 yards from the Medal Tees, contributing to a standard scratch of 72 and demanding a mixture of skill and imagination to play them well.
South Staffs has a well stocked Golf Pro Shop by the first tee and the Peter Baker Golf Academy where lessons can be given and swing improvements made in the indoor swing clinic, or at the 10 acre driving range and practice area which is for the exclusive use of the Members and visitors to the Club.
The Clubhouse offers very comfortable surroundings where you can relax before or after a round of golf, including lounge bar, spike bar and terrace, television lounge and restaurant all of which enjoy the splendid view over the 1st and 18th holes and the countryside beyond.
Visitors and societies are made more than welcome with competitive green fees and packages to include breakfast, lunch and dinner are available.
Celebrating 125 Years
This year we celebrate our 125th Anniversary with Golf and Social Events to celebrate.
South Staffordshire Golf Club Review
By: Melvyn Davies | Thu 05 Oct 2017
Golfshake ambassador visited South Staffordshire Golf Club, or South Staffs as it is more commonly known in Sep 2017. Found out how he got on.
South Staffordshire Golf Club is a private parkland course found in 1892 making it one of the oldest golf clubs in the Midlands and is located about 3 miles from the centre of Wolverhampton.
Its original location was Penn but moved to its current location in Tettenhall in 1908 and was originally designed by Harry Vardon in 1908 and has since been tweaked by some of the greats of course design in Harry Colt, James Braid and more recently Donald Steel…