South Staffs has been welcoming Societies for many years. We are confident that you will want to play this gently rolling parkland course established in 1908. It is difficult to believe that it’s so close to the centre of Wolverhampton and the motorway network, which is why the club is perfectly situated for visiting societies. We provide a number of packages and can tailor these to suit your requirements.
- BOOKING: A group of 10 or more golfers, with a nominated organiser, may be considered a Society. A booking will be considered confirmed once a deposit has been received. Society bookings will not be accepted on a Saturday or Sunday without prior arrangement with the Club Manager.
- HANDICAPS: All golfers in a society are expected to play to the minimum standard of a 28 handicap for men and 36 for ladies. The Club reserve the right to refuse access to the course for players without a handicap certificate.
- GREEN FEES: These are negotiable.
- PAYMENT: The balance of fees should be paid before play commences unless otherwise agreed with the Club Manager.
- TEE TIMES: Tee times will be arranged with the Society Organiser to ensure that all golfers have adequate time to tee off.
- GOLF ETIQUETTE: The Club insists that all golfers observe the etiquette of golf, particularly with regard to slow play. Any player found not observing standard etiquette may be asked to leave the course.
- FOOTPATHS: Across the course are a few footpaths on which the public are entitled to walk. It is of paramount importance that the Club maintains good relations with the public and everyone playing the course is asked to respect the rights of walkers and not to endanger them by striking golf balls in their direction. If any altercation with a member of the public occurs on the course, golfers are asked to notify the Club Manager of the circumstances surrounding the incident and location in which it took place.
- DRESS CODE: All golfers are asked to observe South Staffs Golf Club Dress Code both on the course and in the Clubhouse. A copy of the current dress code can be found in the Conditions for Visitors.
- FOOD: Please note that South Staffs Golf Club does not serve food before 11.00am without prior arrangement.