- As a modern, progressive golf club South Staffordshire Golf Club considers that appropriate behaviour both on and off the course along with respect for the etiquette of the game is of the utmost importance. We therefore have certain standards that we need to uphold. To ensure that all members and visitors are aware and understand these requirements there follows a statement of the Club guidelines. By adhering to these rules all members will enjoy the course and club house to the full whilst avoiding any potentially embarrassing transgressions.
On the Course:
- Smart recognised golf clothing must be worn at all times. As a general guide if an item of clothing can be bought in a Professional’s shop then it may be worn on the course. If you are in any doubt please ask in the Professional’s shop for advice.
- We do not allow denim, football or rugby attire, track suits, cargo shorts or trousers of the multi pocketed / multi zipped variety. We prefer to see shirts tucked into waistbands but acknowledge that fashions change so shirts specifically designed to be worn untucked are acceptable. Footwear must be recognised golf shoes and be worn with either metal, soft spikes or pimpled soles.
In the Clubhouse:
- The Club is continuing to develop a relaxed and convivial environment in the bars and lounge so golf attire is quite acceptable in the clubhouse after finishing a round. To maintain the happy atmosphere within the clubhouse there follows some simple guidelines. Clothing deemed acceptable on the course is also acceptable in the bars and lounge, smart denim jeans may be worn as long as they are not of the torn or ripped variety. Shoes that have been worn or are intended to be worn on the course may not be worn in the Danescourt lounge and dining room and we require golfers to change out of any wet or dirty clothing before entering the spike bars. Neither caps nor obtrusive football shirts are permitted. Holdalls and shoe bags must be left in changing rooms and not brought into the lounge.
Care of the course
- Replace divots firmly.
- Bunkers must be smoothed over by using the rakes provided. Please ensure all marks are raked even if not yours.
- Pitch marks on the greens are to be repaired including, please, pitch marks which are not yours.
- Wide wheel and electric trolleys may be used on the course in accordance with trolley directional signs, which must be observed at all times.
- Visitors requiring to use personal one man electric buggies for medical reasons may do so subject to prior arrangement with the Club Manager and presentation of a letter from a doctor.
- Please note that we reserve the right to ban buggies, and on rare occasions trolleys, when adverse weather conditions prevail - possibly at short notice.
- Please allow greens staff to complete their work in your likely landing area before continuing play.
- Litter should be placed in the bins provided.
To aid with the pace of play most visiting parties play in a fourball stableford format (we do not allow fourball medal). We therefore recommend that you choose a format that encourages continuous play. When calculating tee off times, please allow eight minutes for three balls and ten minutes for four balls.
South Staffs Golf Club Golf Etiquette